Sunday 5 August 2012

I Looked (2003)

I looked at the vicious crowd, pushing and jostling, and I did nothing, 
now I am a hooligan.
I looked at the calm soldier, slicing his enemy with his bayonet, and I did nothing,
now I am a war criminal.
I looked at the disembowelled refugee children, and I did nothing,
now I am a participator.
I looked at the stick-like bodies, as they were pushed into the trench, and I did nothing,
now I am Nazi.
I looked at the shattered remains of the crash victim, and I did nothing, 
now I am a manslaughterer.
I looked at the voluptuous body of the seductive model, and I did nothing,
now I am a rapist.
I looked at the distant scientists, collecting the remains of the murdered schoolgirl, and I did nothing, 
now I am a murderer.
I looked at the taboo sexual practices of others, and I did nothing, 
now I live the rest of my life as a child sexual offender,

... and then, I shutdown the computer. 

MBS?

Nigel

No comments:

Post a Comment